|928 DRIVER TRAINING DAY
Friday, August 29th 2003 - Wakefield Park
|DVD now available|
For those who came along, and also for those who didn't, we now have a 40 minute DVD of the day's proceedings. It certainly captures the spirit of the day - our instructors' briefing, 928s doing various on-track exercises, half-time entertainment from Charles and Sean in their 944s, and ending with a couple of manic in-car laps with Maestro Mal torturing my car's tyres (that's us above left).
This is not just a souvenir of a great day, not just a tribute to the mighty Porsche 928, but a good laugh too.
|WHAT THEY SAID - 1st September 2003|
|"Just a quick note to say thank you once again for organising such a fantastic day. You've definitely won me over to the dark side. Now that I'm back in reality, I've found that I'm driving even more slowly than before, with bigger gaps to the cars in front, but I'm not the slightest bit nervous, no matter what the traffic around me is doing."|
|"Just wanted to say thanks again for Friday - a great day. I think I left about 10mm of tyre rubber on the track !I hope the evening dinner and movie went well - I am sorry I could not stay."||"Stuart, thank you for organising a wonderful day. It is the most fun I have had since I bought the 928 nearly 3 years ago."|
|"I must comment that I learned a lot from the day. Such as: - I can't believe how distracted I was by having Mal alongside me on my first afternoon session - I felt my brain caught a lot of false neutrals (a motor cycling term!);
- The session with Mal driving the car was the best driving lesson I have ever experienced - he was far kinder on the car than me and in doing so showed me a completely different approach on how to do a fast lap; I had never been brave enough to get onto the brakes while going through the kink
- it now seems more natural (although it will still take a lot more practice to get it right).
- in the same vein, keeping on the brakes while turning into the apex was something I would never have considered until Mal showed me how;
- Would I lend the car to Mal again? Yes, absolutely;
- the lesson on reaction time and braking distances was very graphic - it was something I thought about a lot on the way home (as a number of non-attendees sat way too close to the rear of my car on the expressway);
- to help answer your final question, you can count me in ... I still have heaps to learn! It was a great day with a great bunch of people.
Thanks for organising this and pulling together a very credible group of instructors."
|"I would just like to say thank you very much for you time an effort in organising a day that was a fun, interesting, educational, adrenalin filled fantastic day that was second to none and appreciated by all. I never realised how great these cars that we own are."||"I would also like to say thanks to Stuart for such a well planned and enjoyable day. I have two questions for Stuart- 1) When will a DVD be available? (I have my $$ ready) 2) When are we doing it again? My hand is already up."|
|" Had a great day at Wakefield watching "Julie" pushing her 928S. I have put my "worry beads" back into there box so I just wanted to publicly THANK YOU Sturat (Or Stu-rat to his close "lets hit the kitty litter" students) for a most enjoyable and well managed day. We learnt a LOT."|
|Soon as I get another 928... let's do it again. Maybe before.|
© 2003 Adrenaline Video
ABN 30 690 944 362